Background

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Truth

Ladies and Gentlemen....

I interrupt this blog for a public service announcement:

13 years ago today, a dear friend came to my house to take my 7 year old son to the local department store to buy a blue blazer.

My son needed this jacket because at age 7, he didn't have the appropriate thing to wear to his father's funeral.

We weren't planning for it.

13 years ago, my world fell apart.

No, it shattered.

(It says a lot to see me in the reflection of his sunglasses. Have you ever loved someone so much that you wanted to photograph him driving a car?)

I would never love again? Trust again? Believe again? Laugh? Enjoy? Rest? What about pillow talk and vacation plans and potty training that third child?

How would I heal the hearts of our children?

I couldn't.

I didn't.

But God did.



There are so many cliches. You know them. Silver linings, luck, karma, astrology, philosophy, self-empowerment.....

Don't believe in them.

God healed our hearts.

His mercy, His grace, His plan.

He carried me. And my children. To a new place. Not the same place. But a place where there is love and laughter and Mike and Michael.

Somehow, I potty trained Martha (in case you were wondering).

Thought: God loves me and my children more than I love me and my children. He was grieving, too. It was a sad day for everybody. I gave a desperate prayer - no, I gave 1,000,000 desperate prayers. He heard them.

We (Me and "the kids") are here today because of the love of Jesus Christ and His infinite mercies. We are not only HERE, but we are at peace. Happy?! Happy! Making adjustments so that we can grow closer to Him.

Ha!

Folks, please don't be taken by surprise. Take a minute and acknowledge the ONE TRUE GOD and ask Him to take residence in your heart. If you do, you will have the balm that cures all illness. Even death. And a compassionate Friend and Great Comforter.

It is the best deal in town.

You don't want to miss it.

This testimonial/public service announcement is brought to you by me. Jeanne Williams Henry Quinn - recipient of God's Grace.

Thanks for listening.

~J

3 comments:

  1. An awesome post! Thanks for sharing the good and bad with us. You are loved.
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jeanne! I read your blog on a day when I woke up and said, "I can't do it today." Thank you for centering my focus back on God. With Him, I can do anything. I can even "do" today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of darkness into light, an amazing journey of God's love. I really cannot express what this blog says to me, but my heart is filled with hope.

    ReplyDelete