Background

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Calm

There is a storm brewing. I can feel it coming. The foundations are shaking, my nerves are quaking and I smell anxiety.

It is the HOLIDAYS.

#1 I have a broken rib
#2 It hurts and I am not sleeping well
#3 It is basketball season and my somewhat "figurative" husband has disappeared
#4 I have 1 week to pull Thanksgiving together
#5 I lost the contact numbers for my fairy godmother
#6 There is no fairy godmother
#7 I go overboard
#8 Then, the minute the Thanksgiving leftovers go into the refrigerator, WHAM!
#9 Tree, trimmings, gifts, cards, good attitude

The other day, it was Autumn. I could smell wood smoke. The air was cool. I had a pumpkin on my door step. We ate 'Apple Crisp' for dessert. There were no expectations. I took this photo.I'm no photographer, but the setting sun made it appear that the tree was on fire. It was a golden color that is really indescribable and only God can do that.

I am titling this photo CALM. It was a calm day. It was a peaceful moment. I felt the presence of the Lord. "The heavens are telling the glory of God"!

There is a storm coming.

I will be covered in flour. My children will be even more spoiled. I will feel unappreciated at least once a day. My feet will hurt. My rib will still be hurting. My wallet will hurt. But my prayer is that in midst of the storm, the "Birthday Boy" will calm the waters. Please Jesus. And thank You.

In 48 hours, I am headed to Greenville SC for the big CHEERLEADING COMPETITION - oops, STATE Cheerleading Competition. I am coming home to a partially thawed 18 lb turkey and a lot chicken broth. And a partridge in a pear tree.

Calm.

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment