Background

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Part II

We have all heard the speech....."You gave it your best, winning isn't everything, you are winners in our hearts, blah, blah, blah".

We didn't win.

But they gave it their best, winning isn't everything and they are winners in our hearts!!!! Yup.

True story. In our 2A Division, there were 14 teams. They only give a championship trophy and a runner-up. The runner up team was crying because they DIDN'T WIN. OK. I can understand that. But we cried because we came in 6th!! We are happy! This is our best placement since we started this program! Plus, we beat out ALL the teams in our region! It was a victory in our minds....to reiterate...WE ARE THE 6TH BEST TEAM IN THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA!!! Heck yeah!

So, we had a little celebration on the side....

And we would have gladly taken that sadly unappreciated 2nd place trophy, scratched out the "2", added a "6" and carried that thing right back to Pawleys Island!!

I love you, Warrior girls!

They started out at dawn with hair and make-up....


(I am sorry, Sarah, but lets be honest....this picture says it all....)

Did I mention "hair"?

And then spit shine, pack your bags, load up the cars, check out of the hotel and make it to the Bi-Lo Center in time for the Parade of Champions!

Can you feel the excitement??
If not, then something is wrong with you! ALL of these teams worked hard to get to this moment. They are full of hope and pride and they are being televised! Oh yeah, feel free to watch it at www.schsl.tv! And if you actually do it, leave me a comment and I will send you a thank you note. Or a note of admiration, or something like that....

We were at a disadvantage being from the Lower State region. The Upstate teams had a billion fans and they were loud and it made their teams seem so much more significant.....but we didn't let that deter us from giving it our best FAN SUPPORT!Then, the moment came to step on the mats...

And then I took some really awful photos because my camera was on the wrong setting and my hands were shaking because I was nervous, so I can't post them here. But it doesn't matter, because you are going to www.schsl.tv and watch. Right? Right. Don't forget to leave a comment because it makes my heart go pitter-patter.

In the end, it was a great success. 5 years in the program, 5 years at State, our best placement yet and I had God-given time with my daughter.
(And that's what it's all about, folks).

Do I hear an Amen?

~J

3 comments:

  1. Troi, you are so sweet. Thanks. A billion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice story, thank you for taking the time to share this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne, this is amazing!! And you know I am as passionate about these girls as you and all the other parents, coaches and other various volunteers!! AMEN!! (And Go Warriors!!)
    Denise(AKA..Kat's Mom)

    ReplyDelete