Background

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ouch! My Feet Hurt!



So, I am having a party Saturday. A graduation party to be exact. For my sister-in-law. The preacher is coming. My house MUST be in order.....and the yard, the deck and everything else. Really, a party is an excellent motivator for a "get your butt in gear and clean house" mode! I have a new precious toy - gas operated pressure washer. Oh, yeah! Whew!! I am old and boring, huh? Anyhoo, I am in heaven as I type because the containers are planted and the deck is clean and the pine needles are down and the cushions are AMAZING. Yep, I recovered the outdoor cushions and today, I found the perfect accent pillows at Pier 1. Honestly, I didn't recover the outdoor cushions JUST for this party. The old ones were 10 years old and really disgusting and I happened along this really great upholsterer and the rest is history....Now that I have established myself as totally materialistic and superficial, let me tell you what an honor it is to have this party for SUZANNE. She is more like a daughter or niece than a sister-in-law because she is 20 years younger than my husband and 26 years younger than "moi". She is a generous, hard-working, delightful young woman with a level head and a heart of gold. It is an honor to have this party for her. She is graduationg Phi Beta Kappa from The University of South Carolina. Plan to see lots of photos after the big event! One final note....I love my tiki torches, but this one is a hall of fame nominee! TTYL~J

No comments:

Post a Comment