Background

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Awaken the Senses!


Average day, with an above average finale! The errands and obligations of life took up the entire day - oh, 8 full hours worth. By the time I walked in the door at 5:30 pm, I couldn't appreciate the fact that I was still breathing. Except. Except that my family was here and there was laughter and love waiting at the door....we cooked and laughed - Michael brought out the photo albums to impress our guest (JENN! JENN!) and my mind starts sparking and jump-starts a landslide of memories and well, I think I am the only person that got it, but joy bubbled out and ahhhhh! As the salad was tossing and the meat was slicing, the sun was setting and the rain was falling and the steam was rising and the birds were chirping and the smell was like childhood. I tried to take a picture but it disappointed me. Pictures can't capture what the heart feels. No matter what the day brings that weights you down or ties you up, the love of life, the hope of the eternal and the peace of knowing it - that can free us all. ~J

No comments:

Post a Comment