Background

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Ode to My 40's

 Credit to Gavin DeGraw:

I don't need to be anything other
Than a (Salesman's daughter) 


I don't need to be anything other
Than a (Administrative Assistant's daughter) 



I don't have to be anyone other
Than the birth of two souls in one
Part of where I'm going, is knowing where I'm coming from


[Chorus:]
I don't want to be
Anything other than what I've been trying to be lately
All I have to do
Is think of me and I have peace of mind
I'm tired of looking 'round rooms
Wondering what I've got to do
Or who I'm supposed to be
I don't want to be anything other than me


The point being.... that yesterday was my birthday and I am not one bit sorry to be OLDER. I am blessed to have the opportunity to celebrate another birthday. And the greatest part about the last decade has been the realization that I don't want to be anything other than me. That is true freedom.


Being born, means growing older by the minute. It means coming into an earthly family - the good, the bad and the other stuff, too. I am a daughter, sister, mother, wife....

Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to be a little wistful and serious on this momentous occasion of the day of my birth.

~J

2 comments:

  1. Jeanne girl,
    I wouldn't want you to be anyone other than exactly who you are. I'm so glad you were born! Love you, Troi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one special gal...you have brightened and helped many people's lives. Miss you so much. Janelle

    ReplyDelete