Background

Sunday, January 16, 2011

To My Critics

My critics (AKA the "big kids") have given me writer's block.

They, the critics, have asked me to stop blogging about such serious/deep topics.

The critics want me to be funny....that is what they like. Laughter.

I told them you just can't conjure up funny stuff. It has to just happen.

Apparently, this hasn't been a very light-hearted week for me. I am still waiting for the slap-your-knee event to occur. When it does, you will be the first to know.

However, I did get a little delirious and laugh until I cried just after Rob kissed me good-bye and then said, "Oh, can you give me that $134 bucks that I had to use at the grocery store this week?"

I love you, Rob. But you weren't letting me out the door without cranking that check out, huh?

Scenes from Rob's life....

Just musing....

Anyway, he didn't see why that $134 was so funny to me, so I guess I can't blog about the fact that I am really just an ATM machine. With good skin.

Which brings me to another, not funny, but shallow thought.

Skin care.

It haunts me to think how many products I use on my face/body - not to mention how much money I spend - trying to slow down the aging process. Here is a sampling:

There are 2 different body lotions here. One promises to deliver "age defying" moisture and the other one is a "firming body cream".

I am using the firming body cream on my not-so-firm thighs and my wrinkly ole chest....I will have to get back to you in about 5 more years on the results.

Then, we have under eye creams and some kind of acid....I don't know. This really isn't funny.

What does the most to keep me young is in my shower. Oh, yeah, I AM going there....

It is....

Get ready....

Something quite underestimated....


Toys! In my shower! Because I have a 7 year old! And I am a 48 year old! And he keeps me young!

Goodness gracious! This is depressing. See what happens when you listen to your critics?

If you listen to your critics, you get writer's block and then you find yourself soul-searching for something humorous and you end up with some overly-examined, shallow thoughts on aging and ATM machines.

Is anyone laughing???

Nap time.

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment