Background

Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Sound of Music - One of My Favorite Things!

Today is one of those days.

I woke up feeling.....blah.

I think it is the post Christmas blues.

There is a giant stack of "stuff" to do sitting on my desk.

I have another stack on the floor, on the chair, in the closet and on the stairs.

We have no food in the house. That would be my job, too.

I feel fat. It has been two weeks since I went to the gym.

I ate a pound of bacon this morning and a pound of pasta last night.

By myself.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

I think I will try posting the turkey picture....

I do love that these animals wander into my back yard.

Sigh.

Pause.

Sigh.

That didn't cheer me up too much.

What about my puppy, Daisy?

Sweet. But not really doing the trick either.....

Country roads? South Carolina? Cotton blossoms?

Warm bread. Good health. Comfy bed. Soft pillows.

I confess that the only thing that makes me feel better on a "blah" day is to count my blessings.

My mama taught me that.

Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens.....

Living at the beach in the summer. And the rest of the year, too!

Pedicures, plane tickets, fire pits, friendships, family, my twin sister.


She was born first....9 years before me....but she is my twin.

Garlic! Olive Oil! Tomatoes! Dove chocolate!

Wait. No more food references....I just remembered the bacon. Ugh.

Spanish moss, invisible fencing, farmers' markets, sportsmanship.

Life! Ahhhhh......


I feel a little better. Thanks for listening.

Happy New Year. For each of us, I pray that 2011 is filled with a bounty of blessings and a wagon load of wonders....that will warm our hearts on dreary days and put a smile on our faces.

When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things.......

And then I don't feel, sooooo bad!

~J

1 comment: