Background

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Charting the Heavens

Driving home this evening....having been gone for 10 hours....hectic pace....frantic thoughts....still more to accomplish....when all of the sudden....

My Father in heaven, He stopped me dead in my tracks!

Ah, be still my heart!

Besides no longer feeling alone, or lost or frantic, I immediately felt...convinced.


I was reminded of one of my favorite Emily Dickinson poems that pretty much sums it up:

I never saw a moor,
I never saw the sea;
Yet know I how the heather looks,
And what a wave must be.

I never spoke with God,
Nor visited in heaven;
Yet certain am I of the spot,
As if the chart were given.

I hope that the glorious heavens will bless you, too, with the affirmation of the presence of God and bring you peace.

Right on time!

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment