Background

Monday, December 6, 2010

Asking These Questions of Myself

Here is what I am pondering this cold winter's eve....

1. Can my recently purchased (beautiful) white poinsettia stay alive until after Christmas? Why do I kill poinsettias year after year? Too much care? Too much water? Will the "pretend to ignore it but not really" method work for 2010?



2. Why do I love a church pot-luck dinner? Is it really a proper church pot-luck dinner if there isn't any sweet tea to drink? Can you have too many dishes? Is dessert the best part? The deviled eggs? The pickled okra? The spiral sliced ham? Fried chicken?

Did these people just come for the food?

3. Can anyone deny the fact that Christmas + church choir + 7 year old boys = mischief and stifled laughter? Did the big sister in the audience cause any of the laughter?



4. Don't these church services bless every generation from now until eternity? Will Martha remember being a part of the blessing?



5. Will it be possible to make 5-7 lighted tree "orbs" from chicken wire and miniature lights and hang them in the front yard - all by the time my college kids come home for Christmas?


6. Does Giada's Gingerbread Cocktail look tempting to you? It looks really good and tempting to me...

7. Will the above links work after I publish this post?

8. Would you believe there was an episode of CSI: Pawleys Island filmed at my beach rental this morning?


(This is where the 42" flat screen TV used to be....)

9. Are other people as full of .......ahem, questions as I am?

10. May I please order a gingerbread cocktail? Please? Wait. Make that a double.

Note: Answers to some of the above questions may be answered in this lifetime.

~J







No comments:

Post a Comment