Background

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Summer's Lesson

I am back to blogging. I had to take a little side trip to my hometown to see my mama and then another little side trip with the family to fabulous and beautiful Italy. I love to blog and along the way, I have thought of many, many different topics that I want to expound upon. No matter what the topic is, though, the theme always seems to find its way back to G.O.D. Even the hurtful or serious ideas have been built upon the idea that He is the creator and author of my life and everything in it.This is the Tuscan sky. We marveled at it and sensed the presence of our Lord, sending those rays of holy light over our family and blessing our time together. I hope that you are surrounded my images and messages that affirm the same in your life.

Now, I am back to marinating chicken and bookkeeping and errands and dieter's remorse and all the everyday, familiar consequences of the life I have chosen. Sometimes it feels good and other times it feels disappointing and frustrating....and then I come full circle back to gratitude that I am not pushing through it alone. I mess up a lot. Thank you, God, that I get a fresh start every day. I thought about this many times on our trip to Italy. A different continent, a different language, a different culture and yet I admired - understood, even - the physical presence of Christian symbols above doorways, in courtyards, in art...to remind us of the source of amazing beauty and of the anecdote for misery.I am wishing my suitcase was unpacked and my desk cleared off....I regret that summer is almost over and I didn't have more time to rock on the front porch and catch fireflies in a jar. I pray that I will finally learn to let go of "should haves" and just breathe. It is all okay. Thanks to you, Lord.

Looking forward to the next sunset....

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment