Background

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Family Fun!

Some days (a lot of days), it is hard not to question the logic I used when I intentionally became pregnant 4 times. I LOVE my children, but 1 child "times" 4 is A LOT of work. I realize this is a common theme in my blog....but really, they consume my mind, my time and my energy and so - well, I talk about it a lot. Tonight, however, was one of those times when I realized that with 4 kids, you ALMOST have a baseball team! Throw in a few spare family members and WHAM!!
The occasion was my mother-in-law's birthday (60 years old - YEAH!) and it was a great night. For dinner, I channeled my idol, Pioneer Woman, and we enjoyed several recipes from her website. PW, I think I am a good pupil and I gave you a run for your money :-), the recipes were a huge success!

Rosemary Skewers.....
Chicken Spaghetti....

Green Beans.....

And then....baseball (wiffle ball), of course! Boys against girls. The pitcher offended me a little, since he pitched with a glass of wine in his hand.....Everyone else was TOTALLY serious....
And then, I attempted a cheerleading jump and wet my pants, and the girls lost by one run. It was excellent. I would say "let's do this again tomorrow" but you just can't duplicate perfection.

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment