Background

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What I Am Thinking About Today

I miss you. I really do.

I have started a couple of new posts and then had to walk away...when I come back to them, they aren't very inspiring any more. I will save them for a rainy day.

Wait. Today IS a rainy day. Oh, well.

I am taking today "off". What this means is, I am still in my pajamas. It is noon. I didn't make my bed - yet. My dogs are staring at me. Sitting at my feet...

 They are thinking: Why are you sitting here? Why is it so quiet? When will you leave so we can go through the trash can? Why are you taking a photo of us with your phone?

I am enamored of my iPhone camera. And all the camera applications that make your photos look amazing. It has replaced my heavy, hard to use and understand, expensive Nikon camera. I took some house guests to Brookgreen Gardens last week...check this out:



 Taking  pictures with my beloved iPhone allowed me to find pleasure in this garden, despite the fact that my 8 year old son could not quit commenting on all the nudity. Have you ever noticed that sculpture of the human figure is most often nude? Did you know that sculptures of animals leave nothing to the imagination? Do you know how appealing this is to a young boy? Do you know how many references he made???? DO YOU???

Yes, there were signs everywhere asking you not to touch the sculpture. I am never going back.

My favorite, Erma Bombeck, once said that "If you can laugh at it, you can live through it" - thanks, Erma. I agree!

I didn't start out typing this blog with the intention of venting about life size bronze (male) animals with large...ah, well, anyway. As always, thanks for listening!

~J








No comments:

Post a Comment