Background

Sunday, August 21, 2011

What I Did This Summer: A Back to School Essay


This summer, I did not blog.

Duh.

There were too many other really awesome things to do....and too many distractions....like some extra people in my house....WRESTLING...


(Right at this moment, one of the previously-texting-extra-persons-in-my-house realizes that the annoying wrestling activity is being documented photographically and she announces that "Mom is going to put this on her blog!")

Duh.

Anyhoo, besides the irritating wrestling by the extra persons, there was food to eat...

(Thank you, God, for crab cakes sauteed in butter)


(Thank you, God, for spicy shrimp boil with summer corn)

And fish to catch...
(I don't know if it is as obvious to you as it is to me, but I might add that the tooth fairy visited our house 3 times this summer!)

And sunsets to enjoy...

(Please note that these are 2 different yet equally beautiful sunsets!)

And critters to terrorize...


And vacations to take with castles and stone manors and good friends and more fishing...


There were naps to take...
And birthdays, camp trips, house guests, sleep-overs, fireworks, sand castles, sharks teeth, roller-coasters and....(I saved this for last)....are you ready?....

Vacation Bible School.

Yes, that is me. Dressed as a panda.

Gimme a break.

After a short period of intense debriefing, followed by self-imposed isolation therapy and febreezing every surface of my house....

I'm back.

~J

PS Please don't test my blood alcohol level. Thanks.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the chuckle! I still want to hide in your suitcase on your next vacation!

    ReplyDelete