Background

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Honesty. Blogger Honesty.

I have been gone from my blog for a long time. Well, 6 weeks to be exact. In the world of serious bloggers - that is a long time. I am obviously not a serious blogger. Am I a serious blogger? I dunno. But 6 weeks is a long time. There are a lot of excuses and some of them are valid and some of them are lame. Therefore, I call it "a wash".

I have had many, many earth altering thought/experiences that SHOULD have been blog posts.

But I didn't blog about them.

Here is a short list of things I should have blogged about...but didn't:

1. The Cooper River Bridge Run. I ran it. Without stopping. In 1 hour, 14 minutes. With bronchitis. I add the "bronchitis" part, because I have to make excuses for myself. I didn't win. I wasn't planning to win, but it reminds me of the fact that I was one of the last to get picked for kick ball in middle school and I have to make an excuse for being nearly 50 years old and a slow runner. With bronchitis, by the way.

2. Michael Decatur Quinn's 8th birthday. He passed with flying colors. He bought the whole idea (marketed by me - tired, old mother) that he should invite 3 friends for a day of debacle in tacky Myrtle Beach.....Success. It took him at least 3 days to realize that "small party" equals "less gifts". Pray that I repackage the same idea next year without notice!?



3. Palm Sunday/Easter. I will never live so long that I don't love Palm Sunday and the children waving palms as they parade through the sanctuary singing "Hosanna". I will never live so long that my heart does not swell on Easter Sunday because Jesus Christ loved me so much, that He gave His life for me. AND, I can make a cross from a palm frond. Just saying.

4. Vacation. Decadent. Marvelous. Sun soaked.



5. Baseball. Michael plays. It is "coach-pitch". It is painful.


6. The "big kids" are home. There is a lot of drama. There are a lot of food requirements. There is a lot of laundry. There are bigger piles of mess. I hear voices in my head. I rely on sleep aids.

7. I cannot blog because of the sleep aids.

8. I can't find my sports bras.

9. My computer crashed, the dogs needed shots, I had a mammogram, the house was pressure-washed, Michael had 4 cavities, I have read 4 books, I planted my annuals and herbs, Martha's soccer team made the play-offs, I became obsessed with photographing the trees in my back yard and other stuff that I will not blog about because I am too embarrassed.


10. Finally, I have not blogged because I had a face-lift, tummy tuck and breast implants.

OK. #10 is a lie but I want to keep my 19 followers and I know that weird tree pictures might not do it.

Stick with me. I have new material. Besides the fact that Osama Bin Laden was assassinated, I have significant bone loss and I have been taking naps -things are picking up. I read Tina Fey's book. I am inspired to be sarcastic while offering life changing advice!! If nothing else, see #6! I promise there is good stuff coming.

It feels good to be back!

Ambien, take me away!

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment