Background

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Making Your Life Easier for 2011!

I am not a food blogger.

But, I think food bloggers are cool. They make my life easier.

There is nothing better than a tried and true recipe, with step-by-step instructions and photographs....especially if you are kind of impaired when it comes to cooking. Like me.

Which is why I will never be a food blogger, but will love food bloggers FOREVER.

My all time favorite: The Pioneer Woman

Check her out, but don't cheat on me and then leave me for her because it will break my heart.

Anyhoo, today, I MUST share a recipe.

It is one of those dishes that is prepared at least once a week around our house.

The ingredients are always on hand and it is loved by everyone around the table!

The most important thing is that is always made by someone else beside me - insert happy face.

We call it THE MARTHA.

Literally.

As in, "tonight, we are having grilled steaks, baked potato and THE MARTHA".

Around here....that means.....Martha Henry's original recipe "tossed" salad.

But it isn't ordinary and I highly recommend it.

Here it goes:

Toss together equal parts of baby spinach and chopped romaine lettuce (amounts vary according to desired servings and don't forget to wash it first).



Add thinly sliced red onion, to taste.



Add thinly sliced apple, to taste.



Throw in a generous portion of crumbled blue cheese.



The main ingredient is a couple of handfuls of roasted, sugared and spiced pecans....make your own OR buy some (my preference).



Finally, combine with a light coating of Newman's Own Olive Oil Vinagrette.



Easy. Breezy. Delicious.

And your kid (teenager, husband, toddler) can make it.

Well, at least I think it is possible that at least ONE person in your family, besides yourself, can make it. There are, of course, those family members who chose to be spectators to the meal preparation and sit on the sidelines and play Snake or Family Feud or Bejeweled Blitz.

I'm not mentioning any names, of course.

One last thing.

I asked Martha to take a bow....but naturally this is what I got....

There! I made your life easier - I hope.

Go pour yourself a glass of wine.

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment