Background

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Food for the Soul





On Mother's Day, we took some nice photos of me and the kids. It was a great afternoon, so we headed out to Creek Ratz for a "sea breeze" on the inlet....then we had dinner at Texas Roadhouse where my sweet Carol Anne was working her shift! Somehow, we managed to all be together, even if that meant we were simply all in the same location! I can't believe how wonderfully grown up they are getting - I would rather spend time with them than with anyone else, anywhere, anytime! Thanks, kids, for a wonderful day.

When Monday rolled around, it was strawberry picking time! I helped chaperon the 1st grade field trip to Thompson Farms. Now, I am no "Super Mom"....this is the ONLY field trip that I have attended all year - but I "picked" a good one (no pun intended). Thompson Farms is awesome and we had so much fun.
Michael learned so much about "picking" and was very careful about it. We ended up with a gallon bucket and turned that into 2 pies and a cake. YUM! There is nothing more fulfilling than spending time in and around God's creation and then literally eating it up! THAT is what I call food for the soul! That said, it is well with my soul! Blessings abound in everyday life. ~J

1 comment:

  1. The pie was AMAZING!!! Mom and I devoured it!!! Love reading your blog!!!!!

    ReplyDelete